Monday, February 24, 2014

Last Weekend as 3?

Eh, who knows. But, if it was our last weekend as a family of three...it was a pretty good one! We spent a good bit of time in the kitchen and had some really funny and great conversations with Lily. It's shocking how fast she is growing up...

We decided Saturday morning that cupcakes were on the agenda! Whether that was Lily's idea or mine...who knows...but it was so much fun! She is such a good helper...so we let her lick the spoon...and bowl...and whatever else had icing on it in the end! She ended up falling asleep at the table during dinner so her cupcake dessert had to wait until the next day...which she was fine with until we told her that she couldn't eat all 12 at once!











Dinner Saturday night was "special" as well. We decided to indulge in the Scalini's Eggplant Parm. Here is the deal...

I'm not one that thrives in pregnancy. I don't get a beautiful pregnancy glow or an adorable little bump. I get acne, pregnancy brain, torn muscles, heart burn, and other amazing ailments that I'll keep to myself! When I watch women in movies and TV shows enjoying every second of pregnancy...I roll my eyes and call bullshit. So being a little bitchy hormonal, I may or may not have complained a little...which has caused a few friends to send me the recipe for Scalini's Eggplant Parm. Legend has it that this specific recipe has put over 400 women into labor within 48 hours of eating it. So....since I hate pregnancy but LOVE motherhood, we decided that it couldn't hurt to give it a try. The recipe can be found at this link and here are some photos of what we did:



















It had a little kick to it but was delicious! Even Lily loved it!


Now....whether it works or not...we'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment