Thursday, January 1, 2015

Investing in 2015

Happy New Year!!! 

Chris and I had the best NYE! We watched Guardian of the Galaxy while we ate Butterbeer Floats...talk about sinfully delicious! After that we sat in bed and chatted while occasionally cursing the youngins that were blowing up our neighborhood with fireworks. Never have I felt such like an old lady...but our animals were terrified and our kiddos tossed and turned. It's crazy how being a mommy to little ones changes perspective. But we survived and everyone snoozed through it all...thank goodness!

We welcomed 2015 with one of the best days. Chris made black eyed peas and cabbage...and I just about ate my weight in both for lunch and dinner. Delicious! Other than stuffing our faces, we simply enjoyed some quality time together. Sizzer came over to play and we just had the best day.

Really, each day this break has been just that...good, quality time which was exactly what I needed. 2014 was busy and just plain hard. I was blessed beyond measure with a sweet baby, new job, and 23 weddings...but it was all just too much. Which leads me to my goals and resolutions for 2015...

This year I want to focus on the word "invest". I want to invest my time, energy, and resources into myself, my marriage, my family, and my home. Here is what I'm thinking...

Invest in ME: I want to establish a healthier lifestyle, strengthen my spirituality, beef up my wardrobe, read 10 books (eek!), and strike a firmer balance between family, work, and Truly Haute. The main goal is to stop feeling guilty if I need to take 30 minutes for a quick run or drop some dollars on a new outfit...just because I'm a mom doesn't mean I can't be an attractive mom! ;) I've been running over the break and I hope to keep that streak going once the break is over...fingers crossed because it's been really fun!

Invest in my MARRIAGE: The fact that Chris and I haven't been on a real date since Harrison was born is flat out ridiculous. So, this year I would like to change all that and have a couple serious date nights! We have regular home dates...and while cuddling on the couch watching Netflix is amazing...leaving the house on a Saturday night wouldn't kill us. Whether he even realizes it or not, Chris sacrifices a great deal so I can do weddings/events on some evenings and weekends, so I want to make sure he gets more "him" time to recharge his batteries. He probably wouldn't complain if he got a night off in the kitchen as well! ;)

Invest in my FAMILY: These past few days have been phenomenal and I would love for our upcoming weekends to mimic this fantastic quality time. Whether it's playing at home or taking advantage of the many exciting things BR has to offer, I just want us to make some fun memories! I'm also looking forward to our first real family vacation! It has just never worked out that we were able to get away together...so we are going to make sure it happens this summer. I also want to learn more about photography so we can take more photos of our fun! Family doesn't just mean the fab four...I also want to have some fun with our extended family, our precious furbabies, and our friends that are basically family. In 2014, I was a pretty bad friend but I hope to turn that around in 2015!

Invest in my HOME: As I said last year, I love my home. There are just a few little projects I'd like to tackle this year to take that love to the next level. Our backyard, bedrooms, garage, and some of our furniture need a little DIY/Pinterest love and organization. I'd also like to take my love for essential oils a little further by making more cleaning products and aromatherapy goodness. Basically, I would like to actually tackle some of the projects I've been pinning!

2015...the year of investing in my true priorities! I'm so excited about the possibilities!. With a little focus and commitment, I'm confident that at the end of 2015, we'll be saying goodbye to another great year! Now let's get started! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment