Saturday, January 23, 2016

5K Success!

My three week, 5K prep journey consisted of a lot of monogrammed running gear, Nelly Radio on my Pandora, and just doing what I could.



I didn't push myself but I didn't give up either! My goal the first week was to just run one straight mile. When that goal was achieved, I just kept going. Finally, I bit the bullet and bought a nicer pair of running shoes. Happy Birthday to me!


 I LOVE them! Varsity Sports was amazing...as always. My first run in my new kicks (Brooks Launch) was the longest consistent run I had done. So clearly...it was an amazing purchase! ;)



I knew I was ready to tackle the race! Not only did I complete the Louisiana Marathon 5K...but I ran the entire time and shaved two minutes off my time from last year! WHAT!?!?!?!? Enjoy some pics from the day!

Pre-Race...attractive, no? ;)

Pre-Race selfie!!!

Yeah...that's not what I thought I looked like when I ran...but whatever!

Post-Race with Lily! Poor girl had the sun in her eyes! ;)



The Louisiana Marathon is really a well run event...I had a blast! Of course, now I have the running bug!  After three weeks of "training", I can more easily run a 5k and still smile about it! My average mile was around 11 minutes and I hit the race 4lbs lighter than when training began. So...what's next!?!?!?!?

I'm trying to work out scheduling to sign up for the Mardi Gras Mambo 10k next month! Of course, it's three weeks away and I've never ran that far...but why not!?! Training can start tomorrow! 

 Stay tuned!
#10kprep

No comments:

Post a Comment