Sunday, October 4, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up {October 4}

What a fabulous first weekend of October! We rocked the windows open all weekend and it has been so enjoyable! With a break from weddings, we were able to really enjoy each other this weekend and it has been fabulous!


The weekend was really kicked off in a festive way with Friday being LSU Fall Fest. Who can't get in the spirit at that event? It's just so much fun and the weather was really perfect! I volunteered to help and ended up passing out burgers. How funny is that...the vegetarian passing out burgers! Now that is LSU love! ;)


...........................................

A low key evening was Friday night due to Saturday being such a big deal...Lily's first soccer game! Oh, how excited I was to get her ready for her first game! Frozen themed shin-guards...check! Frozen themed cleats...check! Superheros (her team name!) uniform...check! We were off! Little did we realize how chilly it was actually going to be on the field...so Daddy dropped the girls off to head back to the house to get jackets!


As expected...the first game was hilarious! A bunch of 4 year olds running around chasing after a ball...with no strategy, no communication, and basically no idea what they are doing. It was amazing! Lily was really into it for about five minutes...and then she was done. She was the best combination of Charlie Brown and Daria. You'll notice in the photos to follow that she (number 7) isn't really in a lot of the action shots...






Lily throwing it in!!!



I know I'm not supposed to be keeping score...but thanks to the adorable little blonde brothers on the team, we won 16-2! Go Superheros indeed! ;) I think after a couple more games, she'll get pretty into it. Until then, I'll keep cheering from the sideline to "Pay attention! Stay with the ball! No hands! Go Lily  Go!" Also, how cute are these two:


We spent the remainder of the afternoon grocery shopping and puttering around the house! Little man had a hard time keeping up...


...........................................

As with every first weekend of October, I finally start decorating for Fall! I didn't go crazy over the weekend, but I did put out a few of our fall decor!

Brand new flag pole finally hung! Yay!

Yes...we are inflatable people. Sigh...

Hard to see, but we have little trio of yarn candy corn, a candy corn themed H, and a little pumpkin! Hoping to add some real pumpkins and maybe some mini-hay bails this week!

I don't do a lot of decorating inside...but I added a couple spices to our entry table.

I'll add a little here and a little there throughout the month. But out main focus will be costumes...that is where we tend to shine this time of year! I think we have narrowed down our various costumes so stay tuned! They should be fun!

...........................................

Probably the most difficult thing we finally tackled this weekend was saying adios to the nighttime bottle for Harrison. Yes...you read that right. Even though that child is 19 months, I've still be rocking that sweet boy to sleep each night with a little bottle. I know, awful and selfish...but I loved it and wanted to keep him a baby as long as I could! It has been long overdue, but we finally ditched it. The transition has been a little rough, but I know it's so overdue and necessary. Now, we will just have to cuddle and rock as we read his night-time story. Don't mind me...I'll just be over her sobbing into my pillow.

...........................................

OH! I almost forgot! One crazy little thing I did do this weekend was sign up to be a rep for Beauty Society! Random, I know...but, I've been using the skincare and make up products for about a year now and really enjoy them! So, I took the plunge and I'm really excited! Don't worry, I'm not going to spam your social media or constantly invite you to parties...but I'll share my journey here and if you want to know more, just ask!

...........................................

All in all, it was another amazing weekend. This time of year is just so tough because there is so much going on between football season, now soccer season, and, of course, wedding season. I love, love, love weddings...but sometimes a weekend off is just the perfect thing! I did a couple bridal meetings and had a lovely visit at Houma's House, but all in all, it was a gorgeous weekend at home loved up on my sweet family! There is just nothing better!

My goals for the week ahead are to love on my family, be a positive person at work, gear up for an awesome Truly Haute wedding, catch up on my readings, blog an amazing meal, and wake up each morning for a quick run! We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment